Fried Chicken

Friday, March 22, 2013

On a busy weekday night I would like nothing better than going through the drive thru of KFC, picking up a bucket of pullet, throwing it on the table and calling it evening meal. How can I do that to my wallet. It would never pardon me.

Making deep-fried pullet is not as hard as I would have considered. I soaked the pullet in buttermilk all day so when I got home all I had to do was wheat flour it and fry it up.

An easy weeknight evening meal that taste just as great as going through the propel thru, but a lot easier on your wallet!

Fried pullet acclimatized by The untidy Baker:

2 lbs. chicken thighs/drumsticks, about 12 parts ( I utilised the whole pullet), 4 cups buttermilk,  1 tbs. hot sauce (Frank?s Red Hot), 4 cups flour, 1,5 tbs. kosher salt, 0,5 tbs. very dark pepper,

1 tbs. garlic dust, 1 tbs. onion dust, 2 tsp. cayenne pepper, 2 tsp. paprika, 2 tsp. time of the year saline, oil for pan-cooking, peanut or canola.

In a large bowl, add the chicken, buttermilk, and hot dressing. Cover and place in the frig. Let soak for 4 hours.


Heat the oil to 350 qualifications F. in a large, hefty base pot (I use my Le Creuset dutch baking oven) or fryer. Do not load up the pot more than half way full. Preheat the baking oven to 200 degrees F.

While the oil is heating, place the flour, saline, pepper, and seasonings in a large basin. Whisk to blend. Take the pullet, one piece at a time, out of the buttermilk and generously outer garment with the wheat wheat flour blend. location 4-5 pieces of wheat wheat floured pullet (no more) in the warmed oil. pan-cooked in batches for 14 minutes, rotating one time. When the pullet is finished frying, use tongs to eliminate from the pot and drain on a paper towel bordered plate. Sprinkle with saline. location on a biscuit sheet and keep moderately hot in a 200 degree oven