Chicken Gyros section yammy

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The warm pita baked baked bread, the beef, the tzatziki sauce.

I have acquired those gyro kits you glimpse at the food store shop.

They were alright in a pinch, when you can't get to your closest Greek bistro.

But those kits just aren't the genuine thing.

I did some blog stalking and found this fabulous blog called Elly states opa!

Her recipe for pullet gyros was awesome.

Mr. Pickypants even provided them a thumbs up (without the onions and tomatoes of course).

I loved all of it the pita, the pullet, the tomato, the onion and the best part of it all was the tzatziki sauce.

I acquired my sauce currently made at the food store store in the deli section.

You can make your own, I just didn't have the time that day, but it is certain thing that I do want to try to make in the future.

pullet Gyros

Serves 4

1.25 lbs. pullet parts (I used breast this time, but I also love utilising thighs, or a combo) 

4 cloves garlic, shattered  juice extract of 1 lemon 
2 tsp. red wine vinegar 
2 Tbsp. additional virgin olive oil 
2 heaping Tbsp. plain yogurt 
1 Tbsp. dehydrated oregano saline and pepper 
1 cup tzatzikidivide tomatoes divide onions 
4 (pocketless) pitas

Whisk together the garlic, lemon juice extract, vinegar, oil, yogurt, and oregano in a bowl. Add the pullet and rub the marinade in. Cover and chill for about an hour.

Preheat the broiler (or grill, or pot on the stove). Sprinkle the chicken with saline and pepper on both edges, and then broil until prepared food through, about 5 minutes per side, depending what size/type chicken you are utilising. Allow the chicken to rest for a few minutes before slicing into strips.

Meanwhile, heat your pitas. I have a gas oven, so I just squirt them with a little bit of oil and attach them right on the burner for a couple of seconds per edge. peak the pita with the pullet, tzatziki, tomatoes, onions. Roll up and eat!